A well set up exhibition which was full of attractive apparels, jewelry, crockery, etc. along with delicious delicacies turned into ashes after the exhibition centre caught fire. The incident happened in Numaish fair at the exhibition ground in Nampally, Hyderabad on January 30, 2019 in the evening. 9 people got injured in this incident and immediately hospitalized to the nearest health centers. Around 300 shops gutted in fire.
According to the authorities, a short circuit at an ATM was the cause of fire, which in no time spread to other shops as the shops was too close to each other. As soon as the fire was noticed, five fire tenders present in the exhibition started dousing off the flames. Almost none of the shops had fire extinguishers or sand bags in it which made managing the fire more difficult. The fire tenders sent an SOS to the fire headquarters.
This year around 2500 shops were set up in the exhibition and property worth lakhs of rupees burnt in this mishap. Some of the shop owners have invested all of their lifelong earning in these shops which turned into ashes within no time. Some of them borrowed money for their stalls from financiers by mortgaging their ornaments. After the incident, many people were seen weeping next to their stalls. According to the victims, no arrangements were made from the Exhibition society in terms of food supply and other facilities. This has made the victims to protest against the exhibition authority’s poor facilities.
The analysts of Cybertech Risk Center generated real-time alerts on this incident and closely monitored the situation providing its clients with timely alerts about the same which helped them take business continuity measures and ensure employee safety in time. We at Cybertech’s Risk center covers Structure Fire, Industrial Fire, Explosion, High Rise Fire, Vehicle Fire under the ‘Fire’ category that could be the reason of disruption for the client’s business continuity process, working in collaboration with NC4 providing pan India coverage.