A massive fire broke out in a lane near Hazrat Chamanshah Dargah Chowk at Kasewadi slum in Pune on January 25. Due to this blaze, 33 shanties were gutted in the fire. Fortunately, no casualty was reported in this mishap.
According to the sources, the residents noticed that the fire first broke in a house hence the residents of the house panicked and ran out for safety. The fire immediately spread towards the neighbouring houses which created huge damage.
The fire tenders received a call from the residents at 7.45 pm and after that, they rushed towards the spot. The LPG cylinder in the houses exploded due to the increasing heat. Hence the slum-dwellers tried their level best to douse off the flames by throwing water by buckets and other utensils on it. They also moved their valuables and other household things to a safe location.
15 fire tenders and 21 water tankers were present on the spot trying to bring the fire under control. The concerned officials switched off the electricity by the time.
Sources revealed that as the lanes were narrow and small the fire tenders faced difficulties while entering the lane. It took an hours time for the firemen to bring the fire under control. Around 8.30 pm cooling operation was started so that the fire can be stopped from spreading. Police authorities were also present on the spot for necessary investigation.
The possible cause of the fire was a short circuit in a hut.
Note: The slum dwellers whose huts were affected in the blaze are shifted to civic schools and community halls where they will get food water and medicines till the situation return to normalcy.
The analysts of Cybertech Risk Center generated real-time alerts on this incident and closely monitored the situation providing its clients with timely alerts about the same which helped them take business continuity measures and ensure employee safety in time. We at Cybertech’s Risk center covers Structure Fire, Industrial Fire, Explosion, High Rise Fire, Vehicle Fire under the ‘Fire’ category that could be the reason of disruption for the client’s business continuity process, working in collaboration with NC4 providing pan India coverage.