A massive fire was broken out in the machinery department at Space Applications Centre in ISRO located at Jodhpur in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on May 3 around 2 pm. 25 fire tenders and ten ambulances were deployed at the spot to douse off the flames. The fire was completely brought under control. No casualty was reported in this mishap. The fire was caused due to a short circuit in machinery department.
A major fire erupted in the afternoon at a research facility located in the Space Application Centre (SAC) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). Reason behind fire was short circuit. Building was used as an antenna testing laboratory (for satellites). 27 fire tenders were pressed into service in the area. The Ahmedabad Fire and Emergency Services (AFES) and police team were reached on the spot. The blaze spread quickly due to the presence of U-Foam material on the walls of the lab. No one was hurt in this fire. The 40-odd scientists at the site were safe. Isro’s antenna test facility damaged in fire. Premises were safe and secure. One person of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) at the facility was admitted to a hospital due to smoke inhalation. According to source, fire was doused within a couple of hours in the area. Some specialized equipment was damaged.
The analysts of Cybertech Risk Center generated real time alerts on this incident and closely monitored the situation providing its clients with timely alerts about the same which helped them take business continuity measures and ensure employee safety in time. We at Cybertech’s Risk center cover Structure Fire, Industrial Fire, Explosion, High Rise Fire, Vehicle Fire under the ‘Fire’ category that could be the reason of disruption for the client’s business continuity process, working in collaboration with NC4 providing pan India coverage.