Kolkata – Fire in a bag showroom in Sealdah brought under control

A fire broke out in a bag showroom in Kolkata, located on MG road near Sealdah station on Sunday, 22nd January, 2017. The fire broke out due to a short circuit in the showroom’s godown in the mezzanine floor of the shop that soon spread across the entire floor of the shop. The shop is situated on the ground floor of a building that houses a guest house on the upper floors. As the fire spread, the police present on the spot, helped evacuate the whole building in time.

8 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and they managed to douse the fire in 2 hours. They also sprayed water on the neighbouring buildings, to avoid them from catching fire. No injuries were reported in this mishap.

This incident impacted the Howrah bound traffic movement between Sealdah and MG road. The analysts at CyberTech Risk Center generated constant alerts on this incident. This helped their clients take alternative travel routes to maintain continuity in business.