Six coaches of goods train was derailed near Khandala on the Kalyan–Lonavala section on September 7 at around 3.55 pm. The wagons derailed between monkey hill and gate no. 29 near Khandala station. Many long distance trains were disrupted due to this derailment. Few trains were diverted and short terminated due to this derailment on Kalyan–Lonavala section. The exact reason of derailment was unspecified. Trains were affected till the morning of September 8.
According further details, the cancelled trains also included Pragati Express, Deccan Queen — both Pune bound trains from Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus (CSMT) — Sahyadri Express (CSMT-Kolhapur), and both up and down Mahalaxmi Express (CSMT-Kolhapur). 21 down trains and 23 up trains were cancelled or short-terminated and 15 down trains diverted to other rail routes. The Maharashtra State Road transport corporation ran at least eight special buses between Karjat to Pune for the benefit of long distance passengers from Pune. Transport services were also running from Dadar to Pune for the passengers. Also three helpline numbers for passengers in Pune were released for guidance. Major disruption in public transportation was notice on September 7 due to the derailment.
The analysts of Cybertech Risk Center generated real time alert on this incident and closely monitored the situation providing its clients with timely alerts about the same which helped them take business continuity measures and ensure employee safety in time. We at Cybertech’s Risk center cover Motor Vehicle Accident, Train Derailment, Train Accident, Roadway closure, Public Transportation Disruption and Maritime Incident, topic related incidents under the Transportation section that could be the reason for disruption for the client’s business continuity process, working in collaboration with NC4 providing pan India coverage
- Massive fire broke out at sweet shop at Santoshi Mata Mandir in Konkanipada of Kurar village, none hurt.
- Sealdah Express derailed near Ambedkar Nagar railway station, none hurt.
- Vishwa Hindu Parishad members vandalised the west gate of the Taj Mahal alleging that ASI is blocking the way to a 400-year-old Shiva temple
- A level-3 fire broke out on the top floor of Beau Monde Towers on June 13, doused off after 4 hours
- Fire breaks out on top floor of two-storied building affected traffic movement on Lenin Sarani St. on June 12