top of page
  • Shaiber Raichur

A fire broke out at Cosmos bank in Pune due to short-circuit


A fire broke out at Cosmos bank located on the ground floor of a five-storey building at Sadashiv Peth on February 18 at around 11 pm. The fire tenders were informed immediately about the blaze. After reaching the incident spot the fire tenders noticed thick smoke engulfing the building. Considering the situation, the fire tenders immediately entered the structure using breathing apparatus and other useful equipment.


Fortunately, no casualties were reported in this incident. The firefighters tried to control the blaze in 25 minutes.


According to the sources, the emergency alarm of the bank went off during the time of the incident. The security guard then informed the bank manager as the bank was closed due to a bank holiday i.e. Sunday and after that, the fire tenders were called.


In this incident, some of the furniture, cash counters and other wooden equipment were burnt into ashes.


Short-circuit is said to be the reason behind the blaze.

2 views
bottom of page