top of page
  • Dhanashri Warghade

A gas leakage incident reported at a municipal school in Naraina; 24 fell ill



On August 11, a gas leakage incident was reported in a Municipal School in Naraina area of Delhi. The incident created panic among the residents in the region. The incident took place at around 3 pm on Friday when students fell sick due to some gas leak incident near the school.


The fire brigade department and police immediately rushed to the spot after being informed. According to the Delhi police, they had received a call regarding this mishap at Nigam Pratibha Vidyalaya in Inderpuri. Students were sitting in their classroom when they suddenly got a very strong smell which caused vomiting and unconsciousness.


Around 15 students were admitted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital for the treatment. Others were shifted to the Acharya Shree Bhikshu Hospital. The education department of the MCD and officers from the civic health department rushed to the two hospitals and school too. Later, ill students were discharged from the hospital by 6 pm.


The analysts of Cybertech Risk Center generated real-time alerts on this incident and closely monitored the situation providing its clients with timely alerts about the same. We at Cybertech Risk Center covers Biohazard, Chemical Spill, Explosive Materials, Fuel Spill, Fumes, Hazmat Response, Natural Gas Leak, Oil Spill, Radioactive Material, Unknown Substance under the “Hazmat” category that could be the reason of disruption for the client’s business continuity process, working in collaboration with NC4 providing pan India coverage.

1 view
bottom of page