- Anurag Goswami
A private bus caught fire in Pune on February 27
A tensed situation was formed during the afternoon hours of February 27, when a private bus caught fire on the Mumbai-Bangalore Highway near Chandni Chowk area in Pune, Maharashtra. A sudden chaos was formed in the area at around 1:30 pm after blaze erupted in the bus due to short circuit. The locals first tried to control the fire in the initial stage but soon the fire took a formidable form. The fire was so terrible that it raised a wave of panic among the people as a plume of black smoke covered the area. The fire department were informed regarding the horrendous situation.
2 fire tenders from Pashan and Kothrud fire stations soon rushed to the spot after receiving the information. They had to stop the traffic in the area due to the incident. The fire tenders faced a lot of difficulties while fighting the flame due to the billowing smoke but somehow managed to take the situation under control.
According to the reports, 1 fire tenders was injured while fighting the flames and was rushed to the hospital for medical attention. He sustained 25 percent burn injuries on the face and hand. Furthermore, the passengers in the bus immediately got off the vehicle after the blaze engulfed. No other casualties were reported in this incident.
The analysts of Cybertech Risk Center generated real-time alerts on this incident and closely monitored the situation providing its clients with timely alerts about the same. We at Cybertech Risk center covers Explosion, High Rise Fire, Industrial Fire, Structure Fire, Vehicle Fire under the “Fire” category that could be the reason of disruption for the client’s business continuity process, working in collaboration with NC4 providing pan India coverage.