- Haresh Parshuram Yetal
Fire broke out at Cafe High 5 at Connaught Plaze in New Delhi on July 15
A major fire was erupted in a restaurant at Connaught Place in New Delhi on early morning of July 15. Six fire tenders were engaged in the firefighting operation which took around an hour to extinguish the blaze. No casualty was reported in this mishap however, furniture kept in the restaurant was gutted in the flames. Furthermore, the cause of the fire is suspected to be a short circuit.
The fire was reported in the Cafe High 5 located at G 68 1st Floor, Connaught Circle, Connaught Place in New Delhi at 5.32 am. Fire brigade was immediately rushed to the spot after receiving the information about the incident. There was no person present in the restaurant when the fire erupted. Fire brigade managed to douse off the blaze at around 6.35 am and carried out cooling operation. A frantic situation was developed around the incident location and a wave of panic was spread among the people when this fire was ignited.
Since the café was closed, no injury or casualty was reported in this incident however, by the time the fire could be controlled, the furniture kept on the floor was completely gutted. It is suspected that the fire was erupted during the night due to short circuit but it was noticed on early morning by someone who called up the fire brigade on PCR. Around 30 firefighters with six fire tenders were deployed to contain the blaze.
The analysts of Cybertech Risk Center generated real-time alerts on this incident and closely monitored the situation providing its clients with timely alerts about the same. We at Cybertech Risk center covers Explosion, High Rise Fire, Industrial Fire, Structure Fire, Vehicle Fire under the “Fire” category that could be the reason of disruption for the client’s business continuity process, working in collaboration with NC4 providing pan India coverage.