Gas leakage at a chemical factory in Badlapur created havoc on June 4
On June 4th, a gas leakage incident was reported in Shirgaon MIDC area of Badlapur in Thane district, Maharashtra.
The incident created panic among the residents in the region. The incident took place at around 10.30 pm on Thursday at Noble Intermediates Private limited company situated in Badlapur.
The fire brigade department immediately rushed to the spot after being informed. According to the fire officials, over heating by a chemical reaction between sulphuric acid and benzyl acid in the company caused the gas leakage. However, no injuries or casualties reported due to the mishap but locals residing in the nearby areas complained of going through breathing issue and irritation in the eyes. It took around one hour for the fire officials to contain the leakage and bring the situation under control. By 11.24 pm the leakage was stopped.
Recent development on the mishap states that Maharashtra Pollution Board has ordered the closure of Nobel Intermediates Pvt Ltd. The anticipated duration of the closure has not been specified at this time.