top of page
  • Shaiber Raichur

Major fire broke out at the Noida Metro Office on June 18

On the evening of June 18, a major fire broke out at the corporate office of the Noida Metro Rail Corporation (NMRC) located in the Ganga shopping complex in Sector 29. No casualties were reported in this incident whereas the blaze was reported from the NMRC office located on the third floor of the complex around 1.30 pm.

According to the concerned authorities, the fire was triggered at 1.15 pm due to an electrical short circuit. No documents were damaged in the incident and a departmental investigation was launched. The Ganga Shopping Complex in the posh Sector 29 of Noida houses several daily utility shops, commercial officers, restaurants and fast-food outlets besides the Noida Media Club.

Thirteen fire tenders in total were rushed to the spot where local police were also deployed and the blaze brought under control within three hours.

The fire caused damage to the office of the managing director and a large conference room within the NMRC premises, the blaze spread quickly due to the presence of a false ceiling.

According to the sources, around 60 to 70 people were working inside the office when the fire broke out and all of them were evacuated to safety immediately. The ED (Executive Director) of the NMRC has been instructed to carry out a detailed investigation to assess loss and reasons for incident through the technical team.

bottom of page